At Citrus View Dental, we spend a lot of time trying to teach patients how they can best prevent cavities and other oral health problems in their everyday habits. Listed below are some of the main points that we need to remember when eating, brushing and flossing.
Tooth decay or dental caries is an infectious disease and because of that fact, we need to understand how these bacteria work in order to exploit their weaknesses.
If you have any questions at all please feel free to email me or give our office a call or contact us, Happy brushing!
Good Oral Hygiene
• Brushing for Two Minutes Twice a Day Using the Bass Method
• Flossing Once a Day
• Regular Trips to the Dentist for Cleaning and Exam
Decreasing the Population of Cavity Causing Bacteria (Enamel Bandits) and Preventing Enamel Loss
• Limit snacks between meals to high protein only, no sugary/carby stuff.
• Snacks Should be High Protein (nuts, cheese, veggies, meat)
• Save sweets for meal times
• Chewing Xylitol Gum After Eating
• Don’t Brush Right After Eating Wait at Least 30-60min
• Drinking Plenty of Water
• Managing Dry Mouth